National Heart Month Tips
February is American Heart Month, and Silverado is joining in to help bring awareness to the prevalence of heart disease and give a few tips on preventing it. Enriching lives is our mission, and by taking even a few steps to heart (no pun intended!) you can help contribute to a happier, healthier life for your loved ones and yourself.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes per day
- Eat fish at least twice a week
- Eat foods rich in whole grains and fiber
- Limit the “bad” fats, such as saturated and trans fats
- Choose to eat fat-free, 1% fat and low-fat dairy products
For more tips on combating cardiovascular disease, please visit the CDC’s Heart Month page.