Silverado's Updated Visitor Policy
By Loren Shook, Founder and CEO, Silverado
SILVERADO COVID-19 VISITOR POLICY – UPDATED
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020
Dear Silverado Family,
Our desire is to keep you updated with any new developments, changes to our prevention measures and adjustments to our visitor policy surrounding the coronavirus.
Currently, there are no known instances of COVID-19 at any Silverado Community or Hospice site. We continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health and government officials. Silverado’s top priority remains the health and well-being of your loved one, our residents, patients and associates.
Right now we are focused on prevention and exercising an abundance of caution as we continue to execute our infectious disease protocols to promote everyone’s safety. To that end we have modified our visitor’s policy and will implement the following changes effective immediately:
We are restricting all outside visitors and families to our communities until further notice
- Only our Silverado associates, healthcare professionals and government officials who are required to care for our residents will be allowed entry into the community
- Health care officials have mandated that no family members can visit assisted living or nursing homes at this time except at end of life situations. We are adhering to this directive and will postpone family visits until the directive is lifted and more is known
- Administrators will be afforded discretion on visitors for residents at end of life to compassionately meet the needs of the family while promoting safety for others as well
- If your visit is approved by the Administrator, you will be required to wear a mask
- All visitors in these special circumstances will be subject to our screening protocols required for entry
- Support groups will be ongoing and will be held outside the community
- Life will continue within the community with holidays and parties however these will be limited to residents and associates. We will share photos and videos with all of you.
- We will facilitate ongoing connection between our residents and families through FaceTime, Zoom calls, etc. and phone calls from the community