Volunteering for Silverado Hospice
The act of giving your time and attention to those at the end of their journey is rewarding in the most special and profound ways. Silverado Hospice’s philosophy is that how a person leaves the world is just as important as how they lived their life here, so we eagerly welcome volunteers who want to share their time, talents and compassion to help make a patients’ final days special for both them and their family.
Silverado Hospice volunteers help make a difference to patients and their families in many ways, and in return they receive benefits such as increased meaning and purpose in life, a great sense of pride and a chance to meet other positive, compassionate people.
Here are just a few areas in which you can share your time and talents:
- Assisting families with errands and cooking
- Playing music, reading and creating art
- Giving spiritual comfort and support
- Providing companionship and social interaction
- Helping fulfill wishes
- Programs like reflexology, Petals for Patients, pet therapy, veteran support and more
Hospice volunteers receive the following benefits:
- Free TB (tuberculosis) & background tests
- Flexible assignments
- Convenient training that fits your schedule
- Ongoing support and education with staff
- Opportunities/Internships for Students
If you would like to volunteer with Silverado Hospice, please find the location below and submit your information so our volunteer coordinators can contact you.
- Bay Area
- Dallas/Fort Worth
- Los Angeles
- North Houston
- Orange County
- San Diego
- South Houston
Find a Silverado Location
Fill out this form and tell us how you can help others reach the end of their journey in comfort and dignity.
Everything we do at Silverado is focused toward enriching the quality of life for clients, residents, patients, families and associates.
Read more about Silverado's caring, compassionate approach to hospice care.