Featuring Jane Mahakian, PhD, Vic Mazmanian, Ministry Leader and Roger Riley, DDS, Founder of Cope
Thursday, June 8, 2017
Registration – 9:30am
Presentation – 10:00am - 12:00pm
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
Registration – 6:30pm
Presentation – 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Join us for a special fireside chat with dementia experts Dr. Jane Mahakian, certified Geriatric Care Manager and President of Aging Matters, Inc., Vic Mazmanian, Ministry Leader, Mind Heart Soul Ministry and Rodger Riley, Founder of Cope. This interactive discussion will focus on the topics of aging, dementia and caring for those with memory impairments, touching on these common dementia-related questions:
- Why does my loved one repeat questions?
- Where does Alzheimer’s come from?
- What does God want from me?
- When is it time to move them to a professional care setting?
- Where can I find in-home help and who can I trust?
- What resources are there for me?
- What part does spirituality play in helping to care for my loved one?
- What is the difference between mental illness and dementia?
RSVP to Vic Mazmanian at (949) 326-8747 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event will be held at:
Diocesan Pastoral Center, 4th Floor Theater
Christ Cathedral 13280 Chapman Avenue
Garden Grove, CA 92840
5/29/2017 ( 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM )
6/5/2017 ( 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM )
Connect with other families who understand the emotional and physical challenges you face. Come and get emotional support and advice!
6/5/2017 ( 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM )
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease brings a great amount of stress and confusion, so having a resource for information and support can be vital to providing the best care...