Music Therapy Student Internships at Silverado
Helping the next generation of care experts hone their craft
As an innovator in caring for individuals living with Alzheimer’s and other memory-impairing diseases, Silverado understands the value of music as a therapeutic tool. Here we have pledged to help prospective music therapists gain the skills and knowledge they need to use their music to change lives. Our person-centered humanistic approach to care is the foundation of our programming.
Our clinical approach is geared towards:
- Improving cognitive function
- Language and memory recall
- Maintaining social skills
- Providing quality of life
Musical interventions are used to address issues of:
At Silverado, the benefits of music therapy extend far beyond the residents, to caregivers and family members by providing enjoyable, creative, positive and meaningful musical experiences, as well as respite from the daily stresses of caregiving.
Why be a music therapy intern at Silverado?
The premise of our “Love is Greater than Fear” philosophy is one that our interns can gravitate to as it facilitates a positive, healing and nurturing community for all of our staff, residents and families. An internship at Silverado Beverly Place offers a fantastic opportunity to get the real-world experience needed to form a basis for success. While being at Silverado interns will gain:
- The skills and knowledge needed to use music amongst the aging population to help those in need.
- The training to understand a resident’s needs, strengths, preferences, background and wishes in order to determine an appropriate goal through music therapy.
- The opportunity to collaborate with residents' families and members of the health care team.
- The chance to help enrich residents’ lives every day.
About the internship
Silverado Beverly Place has the capacity for two interns during:
- January-through-June term (deadline to apply is July 1st)
- July-through-December term (deadline to apply is January 2nd)
To apply, please contact Juliana, Internship Director
Silverado Beverly Place Memory Care Community
330 North Hayworth Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90048
Office (323) 852-9200