Testimonial: "The caregivers are flexible and provide an environment that fits each resident."
"My mother was been a long-term patient at Silverado for over two years. She was someone who is rather difficult to care for, so I feel we have been a good test case for a memory care home. The things that impressed me the most about Silverado are:
- The caregivers and staff are very stable, many have been there for as long as my mother has. The management staff has higher turnover, but they seem to regularly hire from within and often move to better positions at other Silverado homes.
- The caregivers are very patient and calm and capable. The cooks, cleaning staff, and administrative staff are always very pleasant. Even the facilities person who vacuums every morning is super patient and kind with my mom if she decides to stand in his way or wants to talk to him.
- While my own mother is only rarely interested in the animals and activities, there are plenty of both that many residents enjoy. There is a full-time activities coordinator.
- They are very welcoming of family. I regularly visit during a mealtime to help my mom, and the staff are happy to help us get settled. My father has asked to volunteer at the home, and they have worked with him to create a space and time to allow him to successfully serve the residents.
- I like that a nurse is always present.
- Because this home is part of the Silverado network, there is clear corporate oversight over this home.
- There is a wide variety of cognitive function among the residents at this location. The caregivers are flexible and provide an environment that fits each resident. One-on-one caregivers are available (though expensive) if necessary, and these caregivers seem to fit well among the regular staff.
- Personal items can be brought with the residents. Many rooms are set up to feel like a regular bedroom rather than a hospital room."
- Isabel W.