Testimonial: "I immediately fell in love with Silverado when I walked through the front door..."
"To Families of Prospective Residents of Silverado of Fort Worth:
My mother is currently a resident at Silverado Fort Worth. Within the past month, she has had to endure many major life changes...the recent death of my father, leaving her apartment in Florida, traveling to Fort Worth via Oklahoma City, and then moving into Silverado.
Upon the death of my father, I had to move quickly to find a memory care unit for my mom. My family and I researched numerous memory care facilities that were close to my home. We came up with a list of eight and I toured all of them. None came close to Silverado. I immediately fell in love with Silverado when I walked through the front door.
- Three levels of memory loss care. My mom will fit into each level as her dementia progresses.
- The positive attitudes of the employees and the way they respect the residents and their families. I stopped by five times without notice and always was greeted with smiles and/or hugs.
- Activities are provided throughout the day. I was concerned about my mother sitting in her room by herself. Nothing could be further from the truth! She is engaged in a wide variety of activities all day long. Music is a big part of each day.
- Medical care available 24/7: A nurse is always on the property as well. Silverado also has their own physicians to care for the residents.
- Cleanliness: Rooms and bathrooms are cleaned daily.
- Laundry is done for the residents, taking that responsibility off of me.
- Families are encouraged to be involved with their loved ones, whether it is at mealtime (at no extra charge), activities, field trips, etc.
- Meals are healthy and numerous snacks are available throughout the day. Many snacks are baked by the residents during their daily activities.
- The physical layout was a tremendous plus. The halls are bright and tastefully decorated. The outdoor areas were important to me as well because my mother loves being outside. It's a place I enjoy visiting, as it is not dark and depressing like many of the other places I toured.
In summary, I was extremely nervous and worried about placing my mom in any facility. She has never been without my father and I didn't know how she would adjust to a new and different situation. She has done very well and I credit the entire Silverado staff for her smooth transition, from the cleaning crew to the administrators. They are all active in the care of the residents. On the few days I haven't visited my mom, I call and they are so wonderful about letting me know how she's doing. They understand the anxiety I feel at times. I could go on forever, but I believe the above sums up my feelings about Silverado."
- A Silverado Family Member