To All Veterans on Veterans Day
Thank you for your service
On Veteran's Day this year, we ask you just take a moment and really just look at your loved ones who served in the armed forces. They helped to bring us freedom. These are just ordinary people who performed extraordinary acts everyday to ensure the freedom we enjoy as families, communities, churches....a nation. Look at those hands in a new appreciation. Many of those hands are fragile now but the person who was once a soldier stills lives inside.
With that thought, here are the hands of a few of our veterans:
- Mamie Tanner, 103 -first woman pilot, WWI Army Air Corp
- Ernest Grebe-1st Lieutenant Army-Vietnam
- Glen Taylor-Sargent in WWII, fought a the Battle of Iwo Jima
- Charles Nelms-Intelligence Officer, Airman First Class Peacetime
- James Glaymeyer-Seamen 1st Class in Navy during the Cuban Missile Crisis
"Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause."
Happy Veteran's Day
Thank you for your service, dedication, and HEART!
From The "Silverado Family" at Silverado North Houston
"Should his heart break and the grief pour out, it would flow over the whole earth, it seems, and yet, no one sees it."
"When we need these healing times, there is nothing better than a good long walk."
"That day is lost on which one has not laughed."