Silverado Dementia Care Certification
This certification demonstrates that our Silverado associates have achieved a high level of expertise in how to care for those with memory impairments.
The Silverado Dementia Care Certification program is available for all community associates and exceeds all state training requirements, where we operate. It also provides more training than other certification programs by including:
- Four hours of state-specific training, where required
- 21 hours of in-depth training that include the following dementia-specific e-learning courses:
- Dementia Overview
- Communicating with Residents
- Principles of Normalization
- Managing Behavior
- Managing Emotional Behaviors
- Managing Physical Behaviors
- Redirection Techniques
- Caregivers and nurses additionally complete:
- 16 hours of directly supervised, hands-on care with a trainer
- Seven hours of providing personal care and assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) to someone with dementia
- Three months of mentorship
This Dementia Certification program is another example of our commitment to provide residents with the highest quality, skilled care. To learn more about our unique style of care, please browse the links below.
Find a Silverado Location
What can you do to live a brain-healthy lifestyle? Visit this page for a few simple tips that may improve the health of your gray matter.
Learn about the types of dementia and watch videos of our medical directors as they discuss dementia.
Nexus at Silverado
Nexus is Silverado's evidence-based program designed to help residents in the early stages of dementia build and maintain cognitive ability.